What are the common symptoms of the Delta variant?
From what we know so far from CDC, the most common symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Fever or chills
- Muscle & body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion and runny nose
Compared with the first variants of the virus, medical professionals discovered that people with the delta variant are most probably going to suffer from symptoms like a stuffy nose, rather than the well-known loss of taste or smell.
Of course, there are also cases where people who caught COVID can be completely asymptomatic, but however contagious. And there are many people with mild symptoms. As CDC suggests doing, if you are showing any of these signs, don’t hesitate to seek emergency medical care:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain & pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Pale, gray, blue-colored skin, lips/nail beds, depending on the skin tone
Next, we look at the history of the Delta Variant…..